Democratic State Representative Candidates
Here’s the scoop!
In our upcoming November 6 election, voters get to vote for State Representative in two different districts in Bedford.
District 7 will elect 6 representatives from 13 candidates: Dave Danielson (R), Sue Mullen (D), Linda Gould (R), Catherine Rombeau (D), John Graham (R), Wayne Goldner (D), Linda Camarrota (R) , Jerry Hanauer (D), Bart Fromuth (R), Kamee Verdrager Leshner (D), Richard Friedman (D), Mike Trento, (R) and Spencer Dias (L) are all running.
In District 41, which we ALL vote in , the choice will be between Lisa Nash (D) and Laurie Sanborn (R).
All Bedford residents get to vote in BOTH districts.
Please vote on November 6 at BHS from 7 to 7.
Here is some information on each of the Democratic Candidates:
Candidate for State Representative (Bedford & Amherst) District 41:
- Bedford resident for twenty years.
- Lisa and her husband have four teenagers educated in Bedford’s public schools.
- Two time recipient of Bedford School District’s Champion for Children award.
- Involved at the community level through coaching, church groups, community forums and focus groups, as an advocate for students, teachers, and families.
- Leadership roles in the Parent Teacher Group, Taxpayers for Quality Education, Stand By Me and the Bedford Soccer League.
- Founder of KidVote, an initiative that models civics lessons for students by giving them a voice in matters at their individual schools.
Lisa is ready to take her commitment and energy to the next level as your State Representative, putting real people back into state politics.
Candidates for State Representative (Bedford) District 7 (vote for all 6):
- 3rd Generation New Hampshire Native.
- Public Servant: Bedford School District Employee for 39 years, Co-founder of Bedford Bobcats Special Olympics, Good Samaritan Award Winner, Past Board of Directors at Media Power Youth.
- Inducted into Bedford School District’s Inaugural Hall of Fame for Outstanding Employee, 2017.
- Effective Communicator, Creative Problem Solver, Fiscally Responsible, Values Driven Bi-Partisan Leader.
- Putting People Before Politics.
- Current Bedford Town Councilor.
- Votes to spend carefully, invest in our public safety, roads and infrastructure, and protect our town’s open spaces and natural resources.
- Labor and employment attorney who advises business clients to make smart management decisions.
- Public school parent who will support state education funding and promote student safety.
WAYNE GOLDNER, MD
- Bedford resident for 34 years.
- Retired OB/GYN (35 year career).
- I have always taken the time to fight against what I believe is wrong and know I can make a difference fighting for NH as a State Representative.
- It is time to bridge the divide and work together for the benefit of our citizens.
- Will work in Concord to protect pre-existing conditions, the environment, affordable healthcare, public education, promote gun safety, personal privacy and freedom of choice.
RICHARD FRIEDMAN, MD
- Physician in the Manchester area for 40 years.
- Past President and Trustee of the NH Medical Society.
- Helped found the Foundation for Healthy Communities.
- Will support opioid treatment and protect pre-existing condition coverage.
- Reduce the high cost of public college education in NH.
- Keep our college graduates and young professionals in NH.
- Protect our clean water and invest in renewable energy.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Friedman-for-Bedford-1014734732026591/
Phone number 714-2311
KAMEE VERDRAGER LESCHNER
- Labor and employment lawyer, small business owner and mom of 4 children. My life and career are centered around effective conflict resolution. I will work on finding the compromise points to move Bedford forward.
- Cancer survivor who is insured because of the ACA. Protecting health care is literally a life and death issue.
- Advocate for education and adequate funding/responsible spending: primary, secondary and early childhood. Investing wisely in education pays dividends well beyond the initial costs.
- VP of Taxpayers for Quality Education (TQE).
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/vote4Kamee
- Engaged Resident of Bedford since 1984.
- Small Business Owner – PhotoArt Imaging.
- Active member and Past President – Rotary Club of Bedford.
- Chair of the Bedford Public Library Foundation.
- Will support Bedford Public Schools in the Legislature.