Sunday, February 17th at 4PM
Sunday, February 24th at 2PM
Space is limited and RSVPs are required.
To RSVP use this link: https://www.evite.com/event/0039K6SDP67GQMM4CEPJFVAHRSVMII/rsvp
This event is not a fundraiser.
The Bedford Democratic Party Caucus
Will take place as follows:
Date: Monday, March 4, 2019
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Place: Bedford Public Library McAllister Room
All registered Democrats in Bedford are eligible to vote in the caucus elections for town Democratic committee officers and for Bedford’s 6 At-Large delegates to the Democratic State Convention and to the county Democratic committee. We encourage you to attend the caucus.
Bedford has 6 At-Large Delegates to the 2019 Midterm (Sat. September 7:NHDP State Convention, SNHU Arena), and 2020 State Conventions (Date TBA).
For more information, please email email@example.com
Due to the upcoming events this week, we will not be holding our regular monthly meeting on Monday, February 4th.
The conversation with Adam Schiff, Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, will be held Monday February 4th at 5pm. This event is currently full. You can check here to see if any spots open up: http://evite.me/94Gea1NQYF
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
This event is not a fundraiser.
This communication does not infer an endorsement or favorability of any kind to any Democratic candidates actively engaged in competitive primary contests.
Saturday, February 2nd at 2PM
There are a handful of spots remaining. RSVPs are required. If you wish to attend and have not previously responded, please do so using this link:
Democratic State Representative Candidates
Here’s the scoop!
In our upcoming November 6 election, voters get to vote for State Representative in two different districts in Bedford.
District 7 will elect 6 representatives from 13 candidates: Dave Danielson (R), Sue Mullen (D), Linda Gould (R), Catherine Rombeau (D), John Graham (R), Wayne Goldner (D), Linda Camarrota (R) , Jerry Hanauer (D), Bart Fromuth (R), Kamee Verdrager Leshner (D), Richard Friedman (D), Mike Trento, (R) and Spencer Dias (L) are all running.
In District 41, which we ALL vote in , the choice will be between Lisa Nash (D) and Laurie Sanborn (R).
All Bedford residents get to vote in BOTH districts.
Please vote on November 6 at BHS from 7 to 7.
Here is some information on each of the Democratic Candidates:
Candidate for State Representative (Bedford & Amherst) District 41:
- Bedford resident for twenty years.
- Lisa and her husband have four teenagers educated in Bedford’s public schools.
- Two time recipient of Bedford School District’s Champion for Children award.
- Involved at the community level through coaching, church groups, community forums and focus groups, as an advocate for students, teachers, and families.
- Leadership roles in the Parent Teacher Group, Taxpayers for Quality Education, Stand By Me and the Bedford Soccer League.
- Founder of KidVote, an initiative that models civics lessons for students by giving them a voice in matters at their individual schools.
Lisa is ready to take her commitment and energy to the next level as your State Representative, putting real people back into state politics.
Candidates for State Representative (Bedford) District 7 (vote for all 6):
- 3rd Generation New Hampshire Native.
- Public Servant: Bedford School District Employee for 39 years, Co-founder of Bedford Bobcats Special Olympics, Good Samaritan Award Winner, Past Board of Directors at Media Power Youth.
- Inducted into Bedford School District’s Inaugural Hall of Fame for Outstanding Employee, 2017.
- Effective Communicator, Creative Problem Solver, Fiscally Responsible, Values Driven Bi-Partisan Leader.
- Putting People Before Politics.
- Current Bedford Town Councilor.
- Votes to spend carefully, invest in our public safety, roads and infrastructure, and protect our town’s open spaces and natural resources.
- Labor and employment attorney who advises business clients to make smart management decisions.
- Public school parent who will support state education funding and promote student safety.
WAYNE GOLDNER, MD
- Bedford resident for 34 years.
- Retired OB/GYN (35 year career).
- I have always taken the time to fight against what I believe is wrong and know I can make a difference fighting for NH as a State Representative.
- It is time to bridge the divide and work together for the benefit of our citizens.
- Will work in Concord to protect pre-existing conditions, the environment, affordable healthcare, public education, promote gun safety, personal privacy and freedom of choice.
RICHARD FRIEDMAN, MD
- Physician in the Manchester area for 40 years.
- Past President and Trustee of the NH Medical Society.
- Helped found the Foundation for Healthy Communities.
- Will support opioid treatment and protect pre-existing condition coverage.
- Reduce the high cost of public college education in NH.
- Keep our college graduates and young professionals in NH.
- Protect our clean water and invest in renewable energy.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Friedman-for-Bedford-1014734732026591/
Phone number 714-2311
KAMEE VERDRAGER LESCHNER
- Labor and employment lawyer, small business owner and mom of 4 children. My life and career are centered around effective conflict resolution. I will work on finding the compromise points to move Bedford forward.
- Cancer survivor who is insured because of the ACA. Protecting health care is literally a life and death issue.
- Advocate for education and adequate funding/responsible spending: primary, secondary and early childhood. Investing wisely in education pays dividends well beyond the initial costs.
- VP of Taxpayers for Quality Education (TQE).
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/vote4Kamee
- Engaged Resident of Bedford since 1984.
- Small Business Owner – PhotoArt Imaging.
- Active member and Past President – Rotary Club of Bedford.
- Chair of the Bedford Public Library Foundation.
- Will support Bedford Public Schools in the Legislature.
Please Join the Bedford Democrats for Our October Meeting. Please share with anyone you think would be interested.
You’ll Want to Hear This Month’s Speakers!
Monday, October 1st from 6:30-8:30PM
McAllaster Room, Lower Level of the Bedford Library
Senior Advisor, Let America Vote
Let America Vote is a political action organization founded by former Missouri Secretary of State Jason Kander in February 2017. Its mission is to end voter suppression across the country. Let America Vote chose New Hampshire as one of five states in which they operate a field office in 2018 to help elect state and local candidates who support voting rights.
Zandra Rice Hawkins
Executive Director, Granite State Progress
Topic: The Free State Project
The Free State Project’s stated purpose is to move to New Hampshire, take over state government, and create a libertarian ideal of utopia. Over 20,000 libertarians signed a letter of intent to move, with thousands of early movers already in-state. Granite State Progress and a working group of community members have tracked the influence and structure of the Free State Project over the years, from their attempts to slash public services to their vast social network that helps identify housing, jobs, and political opportunities for movers. Come learn what it is about, how they operate, and what you can do to protect your community from their extreme tactics and ideology.
Refreshments Will Be Served
BEDFORD DEMOCRATIC PARTY
A HUGE Thank You to every candidate who ran during the Primary! Your commitment, time, energy, and passion is commendable and much appreciated.
Our congrats to all the winners! The Bedford Democrats look forward to working with you to help ensure victories in the General Election on November 6th!
Primary winners are listed. For a complete vote count in Bedford, please click here:
For Statewide election results click here: http://amp.wmur.com/article/full-2018-new-hampshire-primary-election-results/23064875
Bedford Democratic party primary results:
State Senate District 9
Hillsborough County District 7
(in order of votes received)
(Sue got 290 more votes than the highest GOP candidate! )
Kamee Verdrager Leshner
Hillsborough County District 41
Lisa Nash (uncontested)
Bill Barry (write-in candidate)
Michael Conlan (uncontested)
William Bryk (uncontested)
Register of Probate
Elizabeth Ropp (uncontested)
Next Steps? Get Out The Vote!
Thank you to all the supporters who have been canvassing, calling, writing Letters to the Editor, sending postcards, and working behind the scenes during the Primary stage.
Thanks to all who were at the polls providing visibility, who brought food and drinks, made totems, and rounded up support. Our showing was amazing, the most visibility ever seen for the Democrats! Both sign holders and voters were fired up by the support.
Now, the heavy lifting begins. In order for the BLUE WAVE to wash over Bedford and New Hampshire in November, WE NEED YOU!
We’ll be running a Coordinated Campaign in Bedford. Think about how you want to get involved and how you can Support the Democratic Ticket From The Bottom To The Top!
Sign Up to Canvass this Saturday and Sunday
Location: The Boyers, 26 Wiggin Road
Dates: Saturday, 9/15 and Sunday, 9/16
Click here to sign up for Saturday, September 15th
Click here to sign up for Sunday, September 16th
Pizza, Politics, and Pie!
A post-Primary Social Event. Come meet the candidates!
Monday, September 17th
Old Town Hall, Doors Open at 6:30PM
If you would can bake or buy a pie to contribute, please sign up here:
It’s obvious from the Democrat turnout in the Primary Election that people are excited about our candidates. Let’s bring them into the fold. Invite your friends and neighbors to the event!
Olde Towne Day – Bedford Democrats Booth
Saturday, September 22nd
Riley Field Complex
October Monthly Meeting
Monday, October 1st
Guest Speaker: Brendan Summers, Let America Vote – NH
November Monthly Meeting
Monday, November 5th
Tuesday, November 6th
Bedford High School
December Monthly Meeting
Monday, December 3rd
Monthly meetings take place in the McAllaster Room on the lower level of the Bedford Library from 6:30-8:30PM, unless otherwise noted.
Tomorrow is Primary election day!
Vote in The Democratic Primary on Tuesday, September 11!
Polls Are Open from 7AM to 7PM
Bedford High School
Don’t forget your ID!
Democratic Write-In Candidate!
Write-In Bill Barry for Hillsborough County Sheriff
Bill Barry of Manchester has recently stepped forward to be the Democratic candidate for Hillsborough County Sheriff. In order for him to be on the ballot for the November 6 elections, we need to write him in this coming Tuesday, September 11, Primary Day.
After you take a Democratic ballot on Tuesday, in the section for “Sheriff” write-in Bill Barry in the line marked “WRITE-IN” and then fill in the little bubble to the right.
If you would like to help with visibility outside the polls on Tuesday, just show up and look for our Democratic State Representative candidates, other volunteers, and the signs. You should see our crew on the right side as you enter the high school from the back entrance. There will be extra signs there to hold. The more the merrier; the large the group, the better the visibility! Consider hanging out for an hour or so before or after you vote. Thanks!
Democratic Candidates On The Primary Ballot
Here is the list of the candidates running for various positions, as well as links to their website or social media accounts.
Here’s a sample copy of the Democratic Primary Ballot:
See you at the polls!
Come meet the candidates!
Enjoy Pizza, Politics, & Pie!
September 17, 2018
6:30-8:30pm at old Town Hall
Families are welcome!